Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rattling my piggy bank

Since it basically the end of May, I figured I'd better see how much progress I've made in the financial world.

It wasn't much.

Wait a second, I don't pay rent, or buy food, rarely need to put gas in my car, got my apartment deposit back, and I'm working part time. How do I only have a hundred dollars? What did I even buy?

According to my online bank statement, I spend two to four dollars on snacks every day at work, which comes out to be about 40 bucks. Then there're various outings with the ol' YSA singles ward which cost a total of about 20 bucks. Then there's the climbing gear I just bought at an insanely great price for just under 60 bucks (thanks to Rock Climber). And just because I haven't been blogging about my REAL adventures with da Ladies, doesn't mean they haven't been going down (and I bet you would like to know what I spend on that, you nosy numpties).

I was about to write down a neat little budget, but then I found a note written by my wallet in the front pocket of my jeans.

Tavin,


I'm getting pretty skinny, but it's more like "bulimic" skinny than "marathon" skinny. Not good. We've gotta work something out here. I've included a few suggestions to help keep both of us happy.


1. Eat a ton of cereal before going to work at the ol' gas station, and make a sandwich to take with for when those custard filled doughnut wedges are staring at you.


2. Make sure the awkward friend doesn't "forget" his wallet when you let him mooch a ride to various YSA shindigs and whynots. I've talked with Awkward's wallet, and dude, it's told me some weird stories. I don't trust it. 


3. Don't buy ANY more climbing gear. You've got enough to look cool while you get started, but remember climbing outdoors is free minus the negligible cost of gas, and I can work with you on that. 


4. Keep dating costs to a minimum. Well, don't look like a cheapskate, so maybe a "classy" minimum. Obviously there's going to be that trip down south you've been planning, and I won't stop you from splurging on that hottie, but keep it reasonable. 


Oh, and I'm totally cool with you giving a little kickback to that church of yours every couple of weeks. They always give nice little receipts and make it easy for me to keep track of the money you spend. Plus, I'm sure supporting a charity makes you not feel like the dirty scumbag you sometimes pretend you used to be, or whatever your story is.


Anyway, just remember about those things you told me you want to buy. Y'know, rent and tuition next year? Those are biggies. Oh, and that expensive camera lens. I don't know why you need to spend a thousand bucks on that, but it's your call. I just hold your money for you.


Keep it real, man

Sincerely,


Leather "Heather" Wallet


No comments:

Post a Comment