Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bringing home the bacon


Alarm goes off again. Shower. Cereal. Hair. Teeth. Dress.

I put one of my many Aggie gameday shirts on underneath the black button down shirt I put on and head to my first of two job interviews today.

I get there and am called back for a typing test, on which I score miles above what I need to. I move on to a diction test. My raw score comes out good enough to qualify for a better job and pay scale than I expected. The tester double checks the computer and bumps my actual score seven points higher.

"This is the highest score I've ever seen," she says as I feign humility. She takes me into one of the management type's office.

He looks at the scores and we both relax. We talk about nothing during the entire interview, cramming a few logistical details out at the very end as more of an afterthought than the original purpose of our conversation. He lets me pick my schedule and gives me further instructions.

Nailed it.

I leave and go to my second interview of the day. I notice the word "yes" scribbled onto my application and the interview here is just as relaxed as the first, again with formality questions and legal forms as an "Oh yeah, fill these out before you go."

Nailed it again. All thanks to my gameday shirt.

Take that, temp agency...

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the time I had to take that test to get into JCOM, got 100 percent and the lady said she'd never seen that. Love it. Where are these jobs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiiiice Megan... The tester one is at Sorenson Communications where I make phone calls for deaf people. The second job is at a Chevron not far from my house.

    ReplyDelete