Monday, May 7, 2012

Is this real life?

You know it's bad when the temp agency you registered with calls and informs you that you're not a good fit for them. I thought "temp" stood for "temporary." I'm only going to be here a few months, doesn't that definition match?

Temp. Teeeeemp. Temmmmmmp. Temp. Temptemptemptemptemptemptemp.

Wait, was it an agency just for Tempe? I definitely don't live in Arizona. I have a friend or two who do though. Maybe the temp agency was worried I will add to the population of immigration worker problems.

Temptation? There is a cupcake shop back home by that name. Maybe the temp agency only hires people who are awesome bakers. I could totally build a cupcake if they gave me a chance.

Tempo is the speed of music, and I only pretend to play guitar and sing. There aren't any jobs in music anyway.

Temperature. Hmm... Maybe the air conditioner broke and they don't want to talk to me in the heat? That doesn't make sense because it's still only May, and July will be much hotter.  

Maybe template? That would make sense because I'm a student looking for work and not a big-shot early graduate with a doctorate degree. Someone like that would be the perfect template of a worker for an employer to hire.

Temp. Tempe. Tempo. Template. Temptation. Temperature.

TempEoLateTionTure.

Too much...

1 comment: