Saturday, July 21, 2012

Playing hard

I'm a little sore. I know, embarrassing.

Day 1: Work. Up a 5 a.m.

Climbing. A pumpy 5.9, a 10A with a roof, what felt like a loooong 10-something, and finishing off with a 5.6 lead. Usually not a big deal, but I haven't climbed in about a month.

Softball. Wow I sucked. How do you walk a guy in slow pitch softball? How did I walk two? Anyway, I reached on an error, flied out twice, and allowed 5 unearned runs from the circle to almost singlehandedly lose the game.

Day 2: Work. Get up at 5, worked from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Hike. Met up with my cousin and her cute friend and others to hike up the canyon to some lake. There's a lot less air up here than there was in the lower elevation of Minnesota.

Cliffdiving. In a word? Awesome. In another word? Cold.

Down. We ran down the mountain because some other people were a little bit more pressed for time than I was. It felt good. Really good. It took me back to my high school cross country days. Well, the good ones anyway. It was fun to run with girls too.

Back to my Cousin's house. Man I'm starving. I make a ham sandwich, change out of my still-not-dry gym shorts. Look at the clock, shout bye and run out to my dad's truck.

Volleyball. Okay, I've never played organized volleyball before. I've played around at track banquets and on the beach or whatever, but really the extent of my volleyball knowledge is bump, set, spike. The players there were a lot better than I. The volleyball girl I went with played in college, and her friend was good too.

I still don't know if they were just being nice, but they said I picked it up fast and was pretty talented. It was a ton of fun, and all for free! I'm definitely going again next week.

And this time there is no way I'm going to let the team with the one-armed guy beat me again...

No comments:

Post a Comment