Saturday, July 28, 2012

I wonder

I always expected to graduate at the end of the 2013-14 school year, but it turns out I won't even need to hurry to graduate this spring.

I mean, I still need to talk with advisors and make sure I don't see any knuckleballs, but I'm going to be a grownup with a fancy piece of paper a couple months after my next birthday.

I need a job.

It's a good thing I have all school year to apply for every major newspaper, university athletics office, and professional sports team in the country.

I wonder where I'll end up. I wonder what it will be like there. I wonder how the people are. I wonder if I'll meet a girl. I wonder if I'll enjoy the professional world as much as I've loved my time as sports editor for The Statesman.

I wonder if I'll even get a sportswriting job or if I'll have to sell out to get the bills paid.

I sure hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment