Thursday, August 16, 2012

Park City

A short time ago, I had no interest in fashion (see Jorts entry, July 18). This is still mostly true, so don't get your hopes up too high as you read the rest of this post.

My uncle came to hang out in Salt Lake the past couple days. He needed to buy some new clothes at our classier city stores, so naturally I came along. 

On day one, we went to City Creek (it was my first time) and the Gateway. I didn't buy anything. Mostly I just followed my uncle around to see what he was looking at. 

Hey, I'm only a novice fashionista. 

On day two, we went to the Tanger Outlets in Park City. I bought two shirts from Aeropostale for 17 bucks. 

Yes grandma, I finally used the birthday money to expand my wardrobe with "not a Utah State or soccer shirt." 

I was *that* close to buying a hoodie for another 20, but I talked myself out of it. I wish I hadn't. Hopefully Park City girl will come through big and bring me a present in Logan next week. 

Day three. We hit up South Towne and Fashion Place malls. I bought a shirt from Hollister for 12 bucks. 

By this time, I was looking at buying entire stores. I mean, I don't need shoes, but those Pumas were looking nice. Those basketball shorts were good quality, and for only 15 bucks I almost bought three or four. I don't really need more non-jorts, but a nice brand for 30 bucks? Deal.

My head was a pretty constant battlefield. The usually overpowerfully-dominant cheapskate side was always "hey now, you don't even have money to pay for school, you can't buy trendy clothes" and fighting with the deals from the advertisement posters that screamed "wear these clothes and that sorority girl will want to get you out of them." 

Both sides had their victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment