Sunday, June 3, 2012

Rock climbing 3: better than before

This is me at the beginning of the most difficult climb I've ever completed, a 5.10a. Not bad for the third time ever climbing outdoors. 

The guy belaying me is Rock Climber, who helped me get great deals on my gear. 



Almost to the crux...


It's hard to see, but I had to pull myself over the roof with basically no footholds. I felt really cool when I got it. First try today!

Coming down...


This is the hardest climb I've ever attempted, a 5.10b. I got halfway before my arms gave out. 


Props to Big Talker and Big Talker's Friend on photo duty...



That's me being lowered down after a humbling experience on a nasty overhang.

Standing around. Big Talker's Friend is staring at the wall in the black shirt. 

Oh, and here's Big Talker. She's a cutie, so I figured I'd reward all those who actually took the time to look at all the pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment